this is the web, made with cloth modifier
1. straight to web modeling. first we’ll make spline spiral, with radial crossections, then damage it a little for more realistic look.
2. extrude our spline with a huge amount, but without caps
3. convert extruded spline to editable mesh and weld vertices
4. apply subdivide modifier, to break the web into big amount of segments. this operation needed for bending web lines.
5. select open edges and make spline from them
6. let’s make geometry from our spline. turn “enable in viewport” option at the “rendering” rollout, we need thin rectangular with 45 degrees angle.
7. and finally weld vertices at the web corners
8. now it’s time for drops. we’ll make them with Particle flow system
9. to begin with, create small geosphere with 2 segments
11. select only bottom vertices of the web mesh
11. set the particle system
12. turn particles to mesh with mesher, and attach them to the web
13. weld top vertices of the drops with bottom vertices of the web
14. apply cloth modifier
15. start simutation and go have a lunch
16. when come back – take last simulated frame and convert to editable mesh
17. apply some nature HDR map to environment and glass material to the web with drops
18. render with vray, add some posteffects in ae
Filed under: Uncategorized | 10 Comments